Tuesday, August 17, 2010

One Week to Go

With exactly one week before I hope to be on a plane heading to Paris, I have decided to try my first blog post. This post is mostly practice, as I have no exciting European adventures to report yet. I will say that I plan to update this blog weekly while in Europe, hopefully both in English and en français. The rest of today's post will just be a few reflections as I prepare to leave, so feel free to skip the rest of this post and wait for a more interesting entry after I arrive in Paris.

Ever since I found out about the Sciences Po exchange program at Tech, I have felt nothing but excitement and anticipation. I have wanted to go to France for about as long as I can remember, and I could not believe I would finally get to go my junior year. As my departure draws ever closer, though, I have started to feel a mélange of emotions--while I am eagerly counting down the days until my departure, I am really starting to get butterflies in my stomach. I know that this will be a life-changing experience, though, and I can't wait to get started!

I guess my current background image (a cheesy, "artsy" picture of the Eiffel Tower) represents my thoughts right now: I have so many stereotypical ideas of what I think Paris will be like, of the experiences I plan to have, and of the friendships I hope to form while I am there, yet I realize the real Paris--what I find beyond the trendy cafés and museum gift shops--will surpass all my expectations.

Until my next post in Paris,
Benjamin

2 comments:

  1. Hey Benjamin ! Thanks for sharing your blog's address, I will follow your european/parisian adventures with delight and hopefully be part of them ;) A bientôt :) Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci, Sophie! I am sure I will have some interesting things to say once I arrive and start my life in France for a year. I am sure you will make a few appearances in my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete